Club Spotlight: Reading

The reading club at Saint Rose High School is a brand new club that was started
this year! Mr. Appleyard is the teacher that runs the club, which was started by Saint
Rose senior, Jack Longstreet. Although the club is new, Mr. Appleyard, Jack Longstreet,
and it’s members have high hopes for what the club will become. So far at meetings, the
members have discussed books they enjoyed, and are brainstorming ways to effect the
entire Saint Rose community. One idea to get more of the student body involved was to
make a book of the month-that everyone would read- and a discussion would be held at
the end of the month. The members also have several other ideas for the new club.

The reading club is meant to bring together students that enjoy reading. It is a way
for readers to connect, discuss favorite pieces of literature, get new book suggestions,
and explore different types of writing. Senior, Jack Longstreet, said, “I started this club
because I love to read, and wanted a way to share my love for reading with others. The
club is a fun way for friends to talk about favorite novels, and I hope that it is beneficial
to students for more years to come.” Overall, the Saint Rose High School Reading Club
is a new exciting club for students that enjoy reading, or wish to get into reading more,
and it continues to organize and grow.

By Alex Hambsch ’17