Serendipity

On this past Monday, May 14, 2018, Saint Rose High School’s art department presented the faculty, students, and families with a night to remember! The Saint Rose High School art department had their annual art show, also known as Serendipity. This unique event allowed the students from various art classes at Saint Rose High School to show off their talents and artistic abilities. Students form a variation of art courses were able to present their artwork for everyone to see, admire, and critique. Some of the classes in which students displayed their art from were visual art classes, AP art, foundations of art, as well as graphic design and photography. This wide range of areas in the art field allowed the various individuals who attended to see all of the abilities Saint Rose High School students possess. Saint Rose High School allows their students to express themselves in a wide range of both creative and unique ways. Most of the students who participate in the art classes are unique, creative individuals who have a true passion for the arts, some of which who will continue to pursue careers in, in the near future. Similarly, Saint Rose High School Senior, Dillon Ventura stated, “I am very thankful for Saint Rose High School’s art department and its great teachers who have truly helped me develop a passion for art. I am excited to continue learning about the arts as I pursue my future career in graphic design.”

As well as the visual arts, Serendipity also was an amazing opportunity for individuals to display their other unique talents. For instance, the choir performed and showed their graceful and truly amazing talent in voices which are meant to be heard. At the show there were also different musical performances, some of which by Mr. Perino, Saint Rose High School teacher, as well as Alec Kunken, Saint Rose High School Senior. Peter Jurlina, Saint Rose High School Senior also performed a musical piece on the piano wonderfully. As choir member and Saint Rose High School Junior, Jada Weedon, stated, “I was truly amazed by all of the talent that the students at our school have! I am so blessed to have met so many other creative people who share similar interests as me!”

Therefore, the art show, Serendipity, was a great favorite for all those who attended. It was a great chance to explore and witness the great abilities each student at Saint Rose High School possesses. We are truly blessed to have great faculty and staff who are so supportive and hardworking with each and every student. The art teacher’s, Miss Fulton and Mrs. Sikorski truly put together a wonderful night which will most definitely not be forgotten!

By Madison Kinnevy ’18