Pam Stenzel Visits St. Rose High School

mauraBeginning September 2015, the Diocese of Trenton held a “Loving Life Logo Contest 2016.” The contest was open to all New Jersey high school students attending school within the Diocese of Trenton.  The logo was required to contain the words “Loving Life 2016.”  The logos were to be as creative or simple as the student chose to do.  Out of all the students who participated there were four finalists and one overall winner selected.  Senior Maura Cahill was chosen as one of the finalists.  Her logo is currently displayed on the “Respect Life Ministry” website for all too see.  Maura shared, “I was inspired to enter the ‘Loving Life Logo Contest 2016’ because I wanted to use my talents to promote a positive change in the world.  When I drew this logo I wanted to show how the relationship between mother and child represents the relationship between God and us.  We are all bound together in love and it is our duty to protect this love and life.”  For placing as a finalist, St. Rose High School was rewarded with the opportunity to host guest speaker Pam Stenzel.

Pam Stenzel, wife and mother of three, graduated from Liberty University with a degree in psychology.  She began her career working with New Life Family Services, where she worked with young girls looking to put their children up for adoption.  Currently, she is Director of Alpha Women’s Center and counsels women undergoing “crisis pregnancies.”  Eventually, as Pam constatnly heard the phrase “nobody told me” she quickly realized the lack of knowledge young teenagers possessed.   These young teenagers were engaging in sexual activity and were unaware of the risks and consequences involved.  She then decided to begin programs and special talks focusing on the physical, emotional, and spiritual consequences of having sex before or outside of marriage.

Pam Stenzel visited St. Rose High School on Tuesday, March 17.  She was an incredibly passionate and engaging speaker.  Senior Kelsey Patrick stated, “Pam Stenzel’s presentation was informative, as I learned about the dangers from bad choices.  She was very encouraging and inspiring towards our safety.”  Instead of choosing to tell us how to act in life and what decisions to make, she helped to guide us by informing us about the risks and consequences of sex before and outside of marriage. Not only did Pam provide statistics, she most importantly provided us with her wisdom and knowledge, as a mother of three and a professional that works with teens and adults undergoing “crisis pregnancies” every day.  At first students were not sure how to react to the assembly but Pam broke the ice with some light hearted jokes.  Pam discussed numerous valid points and broached on subjects that are, at times, difficult to discuss.  Pam successfully informed the students and staff members during her talk.  A big congratulations and thank you to Maura Cahill for making the opportunity possible through her winning art work and a big thank you to Pam Stenzel for coming and sharing her experience and knowledge.

by: Kayla Stacy, Class of 2016

students