Highlight on Choreographer and Vocal Coach: Me and My Girl

If you have ever seen a musical at St.Rose, you know that all of the students are well prepared and obviously have rehearsed day and night to achieve such amazing performances.

This year, the Spring Musical is Me and My Girl. Me and My Girl is a musical that premiered
in 1937 and was turned into a movie two years later. On Thursday April 6th, the cast of “Me and My Girl will have their first performance for the St. Rose Grammar School and be open the next day to everyone. Without the help of choreographer Michael Penna and vocal coach Brian Krajcik, these successful performances would not be possible.
The choreographer of the musical, Michael Penna, is a veteran choreographer at St.Rose.
This is his third time choreographing for the school’s Spring Musical. In addition to creating
fantastic choreography for St.Rose, he is currently a teacher at Monmouth Regional. Jack
Longstreet complimented, “Everyone loves him. Michael really knows what he is doing but
always manages to make rehearsals fun. The cast is so lucky to have him.” If you have seen a
St Rose Musical, you know that this praise is not false. Michael is a great teacher and consistently puts together amazing dances for all of the musicals he has been involved in. Everyone is thrilled to see what Michael has in store for Me and My Girl.

Brian Krajcik is the new vocal coach for Me and My Girl. Brian has always been involved in theater. He has received a Master of Music Degree in Conducting from Westminster Choir College, as well as a Double Bachelors in Music Education and Piano Performance from the University of Delaware. With Brian’s impressive musical background, our expectations are set high. Everyone is looking forward to hearing and seeing Me and My Girl and to see how our talented students perform for Brian’s debut musical.

Be sure to go to the school musical in The Jersey Shore Arts Center in Ocean Grove.
Tickets can be purchased online from ten to twenty dollar or at the door (see the St.Rose website for more information). “Me and My Girl” is going to be out of this world!

By Alex Preckajlo ’17, Staff Writer