College Decision Spotlight

As the seniors approach the end of their time at Saint Rose they are beginning to finalize their plans for next year. For senior Lauren Taylor she plans to attend Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the Fall. She is eager to begin the next steps of her education at Drexel and explore a new area. The Courier had the opportunity to sit down with Lauren and ask her questions about her college search process, future plans, and advice for underclassmen.

The Courier: Why did you decide to apply to Drexel?

Lauren Taylor: I chose to apply because it was a place where I could imagine myself going to there and it is the college I have envisioned myself attending.

TC: After getting accepted, why did you choose Drexel over the other schools you were accepted to?

LT: I love the campus, the city, and Drexel’s engineering program. With the program I will be doing three co-ops in five years and be able to work towards a masters degrees during my time as an undergrad. All of these opportunities are great for job placement.

TC: What is your intended major?

LT: I am majoring in biomedical engineering.

TC: What are you most excited about?

LT: I think I am most excited about living in a city and being free to explore it throughout college.

TC: What is something you will miss about Saint Rose?

LT: I am going to miss my friends that I have made at Saint Rose.

TC: What is your advice for underclassmen who are beginning the college search process?

LT: I think it is important to leave your options open because you never know what school you will like. Don’t choose not to visit or apply to a school because you don’t think it’s good. You never know what school you might like so be open to every option. Another thing that helped me in my search was to figure out a location that I really wanted to be in and look at schools there.

Congratulations to Lauren on her acceptance to Drexel’s Class of 2022 and her decision! We wish Lauren the best of luck next year at Drexel!

By Sheila Magrini